Free spring classes in Mahopac and Putnam Valley
The Putnam County Office for the Aging invites senior citizens to sign up for free spring classes in Mahopac and Putnam Valley on computers, digital photography, the internet, finances, and more. The classes and workshops will be held at either the William Koehler Senior Center, Route 6, Mahopac, or the Putnam Valley Senior Center, 117 Town Park Lane, Putnam Valley. Registration will occur at both sites from 10 a.m. to 12 noon on Thursday, April 5.
The offerings include a course called “Help I’m Afraid of my Computer.” The Office for the Aging asks potential participants who want more information to contact Cathy O’Brien by phone at 845-628-6423 or e-mail at email@example.com or to check the Putnam Country website.
Courses and locations currently scheduled:
Koehler Senior Center, Mahopac:
- April 10 –- “Intro to Word”
- April 18 — “Travel Reservations/Map Directions”
- April 30 – “How to Drastically Cut Costs in Difficult Financial Times”
- May 21 – “Shopping Online”
- June 12 – “Using the Web for Medical Information”
Putnam Valley Senior Center
- Kindle workshops, throughout spring
- iPad workshops