Auction items include art, racing and recording sessions
The Haldane School Foundation (HSF) will hold its 2012 Fall Ball fundraiser at The Roundhouse in Beacon on Friday, Oct 12. The HSF has announced some of the items that will be auctioned off that night to raise funds to enrich the educational experience at Haldane. Among the items included in the Silent Auction will be the following:
· A recording session at The Loft, the Bronxville studio owned and run by Cold Spring resident Al Hemberger that has hosted and recorded Rihanna, Rod Stewart, Christina Aguilera, the Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears. (The auction winner will leave the studio with his or her own finished CD.)
· A half day behind the wheel of a Cadillac CTS-V, the world’s fastest sports sedan with 551 horsepower and top speed of 191 mph, on the Road Course at Ari Strauss’s Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, N.Y., with a professional driver at your side to teach you the ins and outs of racing.
· A football signed by New York Jets legend Joe Namath.
· Amazing artwork by local artists Tyson Tinsley and Carla Goldberg.
· Design, name and enjoy a gallon of your very own flavor of ice cream at Moo Moo’s Creamery.
“The items in this year’s Silent Auction reflect the amazing and diverse pool of talent we have in the Haldane Community,” said Melia Marzollo, HSF auction chair.
In addition to the Silent Auction, this year’s Fall Ball will feature the Cash Dash, a special, live fundraising event hosted by Haldane Schools Superintendent Mark Villanti. Proceeds from the Cash Dash will benefit the Haldane Health, Wellness, Physical Fitness and Fields Initiative, which will help fund improvements to Haldane’s playing fields, the Farm to School Program, the Haldane School EcoGarden, the restoration of the Haldane greenhouse, and the Haldane Physical Education Department.
Since its inception in 2000 the Haldane School foundation has awarded almost $500,000 in educational enrichment grants to the Haldane School District. The upcoming Fall Ball and Silent Auction will be one of the most important fundraisers of the year for the foundation. To date, the foundation has sold 170 tickets to the event, all proceeds of which go to fund future grants.
The 2012 Fall Ball will feature cocktails, fine food, music and dancing in the exciting new event space at the Roundhouse in Beacon. Tickets are going fast. For more information visit haldaneschoolfoundation.org or call Tom Casey at 914-552-3874.
HOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].