Special awards to honor Jim Lovell and Betty Budney
The Cold Spring Area Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Awards Dinner on Thursday, April 24, to honor achievements of local businesses. The chamber has added two new awards for community leaders: the James G. Lovell Memorial Award, to be given to David Lilburne, and the Humanitarian Award, to be given to Betty Budney.
The event will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Dutchess Manor, 263 Route 9D, Beacon. Cost is $65 per person or $600 for a table of 10.
“The Cold Spring Area is fortunate to have some of the finest businesses and leaders in the region and the Cold Spring Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to honor several of them at our annual Awards Dinner,” said Debbi Milner, president of the chamber.
Award winners include:
- John Procario, Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Hudson Valley Seed, Sustainable Business of the Year
- Linda Hoffmann, Realty Business Person of the Year
- Riverview Restaurant, Restaurant/Hospitality Business of the Year
- Garrison Art Center, Cultural Achievement of the Year
- Archipelago at Home, Retailer of the Year
- Vera’s Marketplace & Garden Center, Small Business of the Year
- Harold Lyons & Sons, Medium Business of the Year
- Cold Spring Apothecary, Innovation in Business Award
- Hudson Highlands Land Trust, Not-for-Profit Organization of the Year
- Mark Villanti, Katie O’Donnell Award of Excellence
- Terence O’Brien, Outstanding Business Person of the Year
- David Lilburne, James G. Lovell Memorial Award
- Betty Budney, Humanitarian Award
The chamber will also honor the memory of Philip and Esther Baumgarten with the annual Baumgarten Scholarship, awarded to a local high school senior.
Past board members will be recognized for service including Buddy Traina, Laura Anne Shay-Hupe, Teri Barr, Lynn Miller, and Vincent Tamagna.
HOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].