John Fasulo

Photographer, lifelong Beacon resident

Lifelong Beacon resident John Fasulo died May 14, 2014. His wife, Cecile, and daughter Maya, share the news of their loss with John’s beloved community of his sudden passing.

Visitation will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 17, at the DiDonato Funeral Home, 1290 Route 9W in Marlboro, New York. A funeral service will follow at 3 p.m. at the DiDonato Funeral Home Saturday.

A memorial to celebrate John’s life, and his passion for photography will be planned for the fall.

In lieu of flowers it was John’s wish that donations would benefit the college education of his daughter Maya Fasulo (12 years old).

The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].

4 thoughts on “John Fasulo

  1. I had the great good fortune to have worked with John. Along with my late brother Todd – who shared John’s passion for photography – we shared many good times and laughs. John was a hail fellow well met.

  2. I met John when he was organizing the “One Day in Beacon” show, which was a whole lot of fun to participate in and brought a lot of people together, all thanks to John’s dedication to photography and to Beacon. There’s a nice interview with John here.

    Sincere condolences to his family, who kindly shared John and his many hours of time volunteering to better the lives of the rest of us.

  3. My life and John’s crossed paths twice; the first time we didn’t know it. In 1974 the Poughkeepsie railroad bridge caught fire. I was fighting the fire from the west shore while John was taking photographs from the east side of the Hudson. Thirty-five years later while organizing an event to remember the firefighters who were on the bridge in 1974, for the opening of Walkway Over the Hudson, John contacted me and shared his photos. Soon we were exchanging emails and John was inviting me and my wife to stay with him and his family the weekend the bridge reopened. That was John: warm, gracious and wonderful to know. Our thoughts are with his wife and daughter.

  4. I met John at the “Conversations about Photography,” organized by the Center for Railroad Photography and Arts, which took place in Lake Forest, Illinois. He was a great railroad photographer.

    John: I will never forget the wonderful time we shared talking about railroads. I wish you could have come to Europe again. We looked forward to a trip to Hof/Germany – it wasn’t to be. The two pictures you gave me, the one of the fireman climbing down engine #38 and other with the water overcrowding out of the tender of the engine in Hof, will always remember you. Farewell, my friend.

    My thoughts are with his family.