‘There is no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.’―Ranulph Fiennes
Send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org and check our online calendar for more.
- For storm updates, visit ny.gov.
- The Cold Spring Fire Company Open House scheduled for Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. has been rescheduled Monday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m. at the Cold Spring Firehouse, 154 Main Street.
- Haldane, Garrison and Lakeland schools are closed.
- Dia:Beacon is closed.
- All local libraries closed.
- Screening at 7:15 p.m. of The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor King (1976) at Downing Film Center has been canceled.
- Philipstown Town offices closed. The Zoning Board meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. has been postponed to Monday, Feb. 23.
- The Seniors’ Valentine Day Luncheon at Putnam County Golf Course has been postponed to Tuesday, Feb. 10.
- The Village of Cold Spring Highway Department will pick up garbage on Wednesday, Feb. 11. Place receptacles at the curbside on Tuesday evening.
- All day and evening programs canceled at Philipstown Recreation Center, including Learning Center. Spring program registration has been postponed to Tuesday, Feb. 10.
- Putnam County offices and Putnam County Moves closed.
- From the Village of Cold Spring: “The Village requires all property owners and residents to keep their sidewalks free of snow and ice, and when the ice cannot be removed, to cover the sidewalk with material in such manner as will enable persons to walk with safety. Please refrain from using salt-based products that can damage sidewalks. Take this responsibility seriously and consider the safety of others. Summons will be issued for violators.”
- Phone 845-747-7669 after 5 p.m. daily to find out if seasonal off-street parking restrictions will be in effect that evening in the village.