Visitors evacuated on Oct. 20
An electrical fire at Dia:Beacon on Saturday (Oct. 20) damaged artwork by Mary Corse in an exhibit on the first floor, the museum said.
Employees and visitors were evacuated after the fire was discovered just before 6 p.m. and were able to return to the building after about a half-hour. The museum said in a statement the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical element attached to the artwork that overheated.
Behind The Story
News: Based on facts, either observed and verified directly by the reporter, or reported and verified from knowledgeable sources.