Executive submits annual report
Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro submitted his annual report for 2018 to the county Legislature, providing an overview of the county’s finances and data on the activities of the executive branch. Among its numbers:
- Emergency dispatchers handled 254,197 calls to 911.
- Officials inspected more than 4,600 weight and measuring devices for accuracy. They also inspected 3,400 food service providers.
- The county preserved 226 acres of farmland and open space from development.
- More than 1,500 people were diverted from jail into alternative sentencing programs.
- More than 1,700 children were evaluated for early intervention and preschool special education.
- The county facilitated 40 adoptions.
- More than 1,800 people were trained to use Narcan, the opiate overdose antidote.
- Officials made more than 1,500 site visits to inspect public water supplies.