This is a quick note to express my wife’s and my gratitude to the combined emergency services of Philipstown and the North Highlands.
On Monday, Nov. 25, at 6 p.m. our carbon monoxide detectors went off. My wife had been experiencing slight headaches, so a call was placed to 911. Within two to three minutes, Putnam County Sheriff’s Deputy Anthony Tolve was on the scene, quickly followed by Chief Pat Scherer of the North Highlands Engine Co. No. 1. Engines with other dedicated firefighters and the Philipstown Ambulance Corps. rounded out the response, which included about a dozen volunteers.
Fortunately, it was a false alarm — just an out-of-date set of detectors. However, it was still quite heartening to witness the professionalism and attention paid by the first responders. We are fortunate to have these individuals in our community.
Dave and Diane Winne, Philipstown
HOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].