“Ice Cream Passport Contest” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Description: The ‘Ice Cream Passport Contest begins on 7/02/2021 at 12:01 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 7/31/2021 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Highlands Current Inc. (“Sponsor”), publisher of The Highlands Current, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. To enter without making a purchase, send your name, address and email address to The Highlands Current, Ice Cream Passport, 142 Main St., Cold Spring, NY 10516. Entries must be received by 7/31/2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Eligibility: Open only to residents of the immediate area of coverage of The Highlands Current: Putnam County, Lower Dutchess County, and the cities of Newburgh, Fishkill and Peekskill. Entries for children under 18 must be made by a parent or guardian. No employees or Board members of Highlands Current Inc. (or their immediate family members) or employees or members of the families of the judges are eligible to win prizes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Winner Selection: The winners of the Contest will be drawn at random from the entries received within 72 hours of the end of the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives. Winners will be notified by email at the email address provided with their submission within 24 hours after the random drawing. The potential winners must accept a prize by email response as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- Prizes: Three winners will be selected. The first-prize winner will receive $100 in gift card prizes from participating shops. The second-prize winner will receive $50 in gift card prizes from participating shops. The third-prize winner will receive $25 in gift card prizes from participating shops. The three winners will also receive an ice cream scoop and a puzzle from The Highlands Current. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winners. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The approximate retail value or “ARV” of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the immediate area of coverage of The Highlands Current: Putnam County, Lower Dutchess County, and the cities of Newburgh, Fishkill and Peekskill. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Online Entry: Enter the Contest during the Promotion Period online by emailing the passport card at any point to [email protected] Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participants downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such an event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Contest, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winners’ List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners’ list or a copy of these Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to The Highlands Current, Attn: Ice Cream Passport, 142 Main Street, Cold Spring NY 10516. Requests must be received no later than 6 weeks after the end of the promotion period for the name of the winner and for a copy of the rules.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Highlands Current Inc., 142 Main Street, Cold Spring NY 10516.
- Other: For any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]