The Membership Manager at The Highlands Current is a part-time position that focuses on supporting all activities associated with the membership program and fundraising goals for the organization. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Membership Program
- Manage yearend and midyear appeal campaigns, working closely with the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Develop methods to cultivate new members and ensure annual membership renewals throughout the year.
Specific Membership Duties
- Process membership gifts in donor-management database, Little Green Light (LGL).
- Send thank you/acknowledgement letters through LGL
- Coordinate membership renewals each month.
- Create and send member communications through Mail Chimp.
- Work with editor and layout designer to develop membership print ads.
- Work with engagement manager on membership social media posts.
- Manage distribution of benefits to members.
- Update member contact information in LGL, as needed.
- Work with editor to reconcile LGL records with QuickBooks.
- Manage back-end support of LGL, Mail Chimp and Stripe.
- Provide general support for all fundraising activities of the organization.
Specific Development Duties
- Create membership reports for Board meetings.
- Attend meetings of the Board’s Development Committee.
- Attend relevant online webinars.
- Compile a schedule of grant possibilities to be pursued by Editor.
- Provide support for fundraising events, virtual and in-person.
Qualifications: Applicant must be a positive team player able to work closely with Board members on a collective fundraising goal while carrying out day-to-day efforts independently. Applicant should have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with database systems and detail-oriented work.
- The ability to be flexible with task deadlines.
- An interest in local, community-supported journalism.
- Recognition of the importance of maintaining confidentiality of financial information.
Education required: BS or BA degree at minimum, or related experience.
Compensation: Hourly, based on experience. Hours per week may vary.
The Highlands Current is an independent, nonprofit newspaper and website devoted to educating the public about crucial issues in the communities of Philipstown and Beacon in the Hudson Valley of New York. It publishes weekly, and it is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]