Our annual appeal has begun!
As a nonprofit, we depend on our readers to help support our reporters, photographers and editors and to provide the newspaper and website free to the community. Donations of up to $1,000 through Dec. 31 will be matched TWICE — first by NewsMatch, a national campaign supported by major foundations, such as Knight and MacArthur, for nonprofit journalism and again by a generous local donor.
That means until the end of the year, every $50 gift is worth $150 to us, every $100 is actually $300, every $500 is actually $1,500, and so on. Or, if you give $5 or $10 or $20 per month as a recurring gift, both campaigns will match the yearly total, i.e., $60 or $120 or $240. Thank you for your continued support!
Your support makes it possible for us to continue our award-winning reporting on local news and events, the arts and much more each and every week. The newspaper and website have together won a total of 53 state and national awards since 2013.
Highlands Current Inc. is a 501(c)(3) federally tax-exempt organization, and donations to it are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Friend ($25 to $99) ___
Supporter ($100 to $499) ___
Sponsor ($500 to $999) ___
Leadership Circle ($1,000 or more) ___
There are a number of ways to offer support:
- Print our donation form and mail it with a check or money order made out to Highlands Current Inc. to 161 Main St., Cold Spring, NY 10516. This is the preferred method as 100 percent of your donation goes toward our journalism.
- Make a donation with your Paypal balance through the PayPal Giving Fund, which waives all fees.
- Donate with your credit card by clicking on the Paypal button at the top of the page and then the “Donate with a Debit or Credit Card.” Paypal deducts 2.5 percent of your donation in fees.
- Donate with your credit card through NewsMatch, which deducts 4.9 percent in fees, which you can also donate.
- Contribute through a donor-advised fund (DAF) such as Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, Vanguard Charitable or BNY Mellon.
- Donate stock (email [email protected] for info).
- Check with your employer to see if it matches gifts made by employees to nonprofits.
- Make a recurring monthly payment by selecting an option and clicking on the button below. Paypal deducts 2.5 percent of each donation in fees.