How to Support The Current

Make a contribution by credit card/bank account.

We pay 2.2 percent of your gift in credit-card fees and 0.8 percent of bank-account transfers (Is this safe?), although you may elect to donate them. To make your contribution a recurring gift, select “Monthly.” You will receive a receipt by email. You also can donate via PayPal or Zelle ([email protected]) or text CURRENT to 44-321.

Make a contribution by check.

Make your check payable to Highlands Current Inc. and mail it to Highlands Current, 161 Main St., Cold Spring, NY 10516. You can download a donation form here. We will mail you a receipt. This is our preferred method to receive gifts as 100 percent of your contribution goes toward our journalism.

Contribute through Paypal Giving Fund.

When you donate through the PayPal Giving Fund, all the fees we would usually pay are waived.

Contribute through a donor-advised fund.

Contribute through a donor-advised fund (DAF) such as Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, Vanguard Charitable or BNY Mellon.

Donate stock, bonds or mutual fund shares.

Donating long-term appreciated securities, including stock, bonds and mutual funds, directly to Highlands Current Inc. and we typically will receive a larger donation than if sold the stocks and donated the proceeds because as a nonprofit we don’t pay capital gains tax. Ask your brokerage for a Charitable Donation Form to transfer stock to our ETrade account. Email [email protected] for information.

Ask your employer to match your gift.

Many employers match gifts made by employees made to nonprofits. About 65 percent of Fortune 500 companies have such programs, as do many smaller companies.

Shop through our partner apps.

When you shop through Amazon Smile, or the Benefit mobile app, select Highlands Current as the beneficiary and we will receive a percentage of the value of your purchases at major retailers.

Highlands Current Inc. is a 501(c)(3) federally tax-exempt organization, and donations to it are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.