Panel includes guest speakers Susan and Steve Salomone
The Haldane School District PTA, in association with Drug Crisis in Our Backyard, invites the community to hear A Mother and Father’s Worst Nightmare at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23, in the Haldane Music Room.
The panel includes guest speakers Susan and Steve Salomone, co-founder of Drug Crisis in Our Backyard. The Salomones founded the organization following the death of their son, Justin, from a drug overdose, and will speak of their experience dealing with Justin’s addiction and their family’s journey.
An additional presentation will follow by Doreen Lockwood, director of Putnam Family & Community Services, and Elaine Santos, coordinator with Putnam County Communities That Care Coalition. Topics include:
- What’s the average age of first-time drug use?
- What are the signs I need to look out for?
- How easily and readily available are drugs to our kids?
- What is Molly?
- What do I do if I suspect my child is taking drugs?
- How do I talk to younger children about the dangers of drugs?
- When is it age appropriate to do so?
The Haldane PTA is bringing this forum to families as part of its commitment to educate parents on the dangers that surround youth, and in an ongoing effort to keep children safe. Content is for mature audience members only; no children may attend.