Haldane, Manitou students sweep at Bard
Students from Haldane and the Manitou School won numerous awards at the Ninth Annual Hudson Valley Middle and High School Debate Tournament hosted on Feb. 28 by the Bard College Debate Union.
Students from the Garrison School, Haldane, and Manitou participated in the middle-school division, and Haldane students participated in the high school division.
The tournament presented gavel awards to the top 10 speakers, based on points scored during the debates, and medals to the top five teams. Students from Manitou and Haldane swept the middle-school awards.
Middle School Winners – Speaker Awards
- Liliana Capello (Haldane)
- Helena Kottman (Manitou)
- Lucius Bell (Manitou)
- Clara Tripp (Manitou)
- Garbriel Sampliner (Manitou)
- Owen Sullivan-Hoch (Manitou)
- Josie Foley-Hedlund (Haldane)
- Percy Parker (Haldane)
- Violeta Edwards (Haldane)
- Arjun Bagaria (Manitou)
- Manitou Team B (Colin Hopkins, Clara Tripp, Erris Maguire)
- Haldane Team A (Liliana Capello, William Busselle, Percy Parker)
- Manitou Team A (Gabriel Sampliner, Lucius Bell, Owen Sullivan-Hoch)
- Haldane Team C (Amelia Alayón, Violeta Edwards, Sofia Kelly)
- Manitou Team C (Arjun Bagaria, Anna-Sofia Marrison, Helena Kottman)
High School Winners – Speaker Awards
- Stephen Robinson (Haldane)
- Sophia Kottman (Haldane)
- Haldane (Aidan Sullivan-Hoch, Sophia Kottman)
- Haldane (Celia Drury, Stephen Robinson, Lucas Vladimiroff)
HOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].