Space Heater Causes House Fire

Occupant able to escape

A Beacon home burned on Jan. 6 in a fire attributed by firefighters to a propane space heater.

fire

Firefighters were on the scene for about five hours.

A structure at 21 Ralph St. owned by Glen Karsch was damaged in a fire reported at 3:10 a.m. Beacon firefighters were on the scene for about five hours.

The home’s occupant escaped. The damage was limited to the first floor and front porch, but there was smoke damage throughout the structure, the Beacon Fire Department said.

fire

A home at 21 Ralph St. was damaged by fire.

The department said that an investigation by Central Hudson found that its services had been disconnected years before and that the home was being heated with generators and propane heaters.

Beacon Fire Department photos


Trust MarkHOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].

Leave a Reply

The Current welcomes comments on its coverage and local issues. Submissions are selected by the editor to provide a variety of opinions and voices, and all are subject to editing for accuracy, clarity and length. We ask that writers remain civil and avoid personal attacks. Submissions must include your first and last name (no pseudonyms), as well as a valid email address (which will not be published). Please allow up to 24 hours for an approved submission to be posted. All online comments may also appear in print.