The 40th annual Dutchess Classic race was held on Sept. 16 in LaGrange. Among the half-marathon competitors was Bill Rodgers, 70, who won the New York City Marathon in 1976 and the Boston Marathon in 1978 and 1979, and in 1980 won them both. He finished in 2:00.37.
Here are results for runners from the Highlands:
53. Eric Diehl (Beacon) 1:42.34
117. Vincent Fino (Beacon) 1:56.19
152. Amber Klemann (Beacon) 2:00.22
171. Kristy Alvarado (Beacon) 2:03.19
213. Todd VanDuzer (Beacon) 2:10.04
292. Ilana Tabak (Beacon) 2:24.54
361. Kim-Hung Ng (Beacon) 2:50.16
64. Demitria Fragale (Beacon), 25:30.98
68. Robert Mayzk (Cold Spring), 25:41.5
235. Mimi Mamo (Beacon), 34:20.5
Kids’ 1 mile
10. Michael Serino (age 12, Beacon), 7:38
HOW WE REPORT
The Current is a member of The Trust Project, a consortium of news outlets that has adopted standards to allow readers to more easily assess the credibility of their journalism. Our best practices, including our verification and correction policies, can be accessed here. Have a comment? A news tip? Spot an error? Email [email protected].