Artists reception this Beacon Second Saturday
RiverWinds Gallery at 172 Main St. in Beacon presents, for its ninth holiday season, “Buone Feste” — a feast of holiday gifts made by Hudson Valley artists. The opening reception is Dec. 8, from 5 to 8 p.m. (Beacon Second Saturday). This show runs through Dec. 31.
For Buone Feste, RiverWinds offers a variety of unique gifts for the holidays:
- Paintings by such artists as Kevin Cook, Kate McGloughlin, Richard Gedney, Robert Ferrucci, Ed Vermehren, Jamie Grossman, Virginia Donovan, Linda Richichi, Ellen Lewis, Alexis Lynch, Hiro Ichikawa, Rick Price;
- Miniature pastel paintings by Judith Loertscher and Linda Richichi;
- Drawings by Chris Sanders, Anthony Volpe, Allison Cross;
- Photography by Robert Rodriguez Jr., Linda T. Hubbard, Mary Ann Glass, Karl LaLonde and Jerry Freedlander;
- Painted porcelain tiles and figurines by Paola Bari;
- Amazing warm winter muffs by Jennifer Mackiewicz;
- Hand-dyed yarn, scarves and shawls by Kelly Newkirk;
- Gilded paintings by Janine Lambers;
- Mugs, bowls, vases and other pottery items by Marilyn Price, Jennie Chien, Maryam Ali, Woodcrest Clay Works, John Lavin, Mary St. John, Gordon Czop;
- Wood cutting boards by Jessica Wickham;
- The RiverWinds 2013 Cookbook, All in One, featuring recipes and artwork by our artists;
- Essential Nourishment by Marika Blossfedlt;
- Seasonal cards by many of our artists;
- Handmade ornaments by Alexis Lynch, Virginia Donovan, Jan Davis, Emma Crawford;
- Intricate silver jewelry by Caiming Cheung, Susan Bishop, Sara Pfau;
- Unique, one-of-a-kind earrings and necklaces by Carolyn Baum, Virginia Donovan, Julie Siegmund, Jinny Goggin, Emma Crawford, Mary Ann Glass, Paola Bari, Jan Davis, Jennie Chien, Tom Cornish;
- Handmade pins by Kat Stoutenborough and Jan Davis;
- Sculptures by Norman Ernsting and Jud Hartmann;
- 2013 calendars by Mary Ann Glass and Robert Rodriguez Jr.; and
- CDs by Joe Bertolozzi and Rick Gedney’s Open Book.
RiverWinds Gallery is celebrating its ninth year of showcasing and supporting Hudson Valley artists and providing a venue of outstanding fine art and unique gifts. It is a multifaceted art space featuring over 35 artists. The gallery offers traditional fine-art paintings and photography plus contemporary crafts including ceramics, pottery, stationery, jewelry, scarves and hand-dyed yarn.
The gallery is open Wednesday through Monday, 12 – 6 p.m. but is open until 9 p.m. on Beacon Second Saturday. For more information about RiverWinds Gallery, call 845-838-2880 or visit their website, riverwindsgallery.com.